Howdy! Welcome to Buoy!
for middle school and high school students.
BUOY Leadership Team
We’re here to draw students into a relationship with Christ through mentorship, discipleship, teaching the Bible, fun & fellowship.
We meet Sunday nights 5-7pm in the Buoy Room. We rotate week to week between Buoy and Buoy Games.
Buoy = Worship, a Biblical challenge, small group time & prayer.
Buoy Games = Group game time to build community then split into small groups.
Buoy Events = (2-3 times each semester) provides opportunity to invite friends to Buoy and to have more time sharing life and building friendships.
Just Some Random “Buoyness”
– To be a safe and Holy place while being safe and Holy people- teaching respect.
– To glorify God and seek to live a life that is beyond reproach (Titus 2:7-8)
– To teach our students that God is real, loves us and designed each of us in His image with purpose.
– To teach that in order to be free in him, we need to respond to Jesus.
– To teach the importance of committing time each week to meet together, grow together, laugh together and to safe guard consistent CHRIST CENTERED fellowship on a weekly basis.
– To reach out to the families of our students that are not yet connected to the body of Christ.
Buoy Verse 2017:
…as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15b
Buoy is solid because of the commitment of our incredible Buoy Leader Team and the love and support of our church family at Anchor.
Buoy Leaders: Jamie Leslie, Cherith Anderson, Kellie Strong, Phil Molitor, Gow Gowan & Laura Gowan.
~ Laura Gowan